NEW for 2020 - 2021
Gender Identity and Expression
Hockey Canada has developed an online course that all
Team Officials (Coaches, Trainers and Managers) will be required to complete. The course was developed to ensure all participants have a full understating of the Hockey Canada health and safety protocols and are prepared to return to the rink in a safe and healthy manner. The course can be accessed through your Hockey Canada
locker account and there is no cost to complete this course.
Successful completion of the Planning a Safe Return to Hockey
course will be mandatory for all Team Officials this season.
In addition to this, all GSMHA rostered team officials must hold the required OMHA certifications; including Gender Identity and Expression course, Respect in Sport Activity Leader program, Rowan's Law acknowledgement and submit Vulnerable Sector, Criminal Reference check issued within the last two years to GSMHA.
Team officials within different divisions and levels of play will require further CAC Training/Certification.2020-2021 Team Officials Qualifications and Requirements
The OHF requires all team officials to complete Gender Identity and Expression. There is no cost associated with this course.
Two required steps:
- If needed, register for an eHockey account, visit Hockey Canada to sign up for an eHockey account
- Once your account has been established, visit the OHF's website to register for the course. All the course modules can be completed online
Respect In Sport: Activity Leader Program
- Takes approx. 3hrs to complete online
- Cost is $30. You will be reimbursed.
Criminal Reference, Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC)
- As a reminder, VSC’s are valid for a period of 2 years, and are only valid for ages 18 and up
CAC (Coach Association of Canada) Qualifications
The following chart outlines the requirements that individuals in different leadership positions must have in order to train, support and/or coach registered hockey players in the OHF/OMHA:
NCCP FOR HOCKEY | TRACKING QUALIFICATIONS
E-HOCKEY | TRACK YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
If you have been registered in hockey previously as a Player, Coach, Official, or Trainer you can access your profile on the Hockey Canada Registry by establishing an eHockey account.
Click on the following document to set up access.
YOUR eHockey ACCOUNT
THE LOCKER | CAC DATABASE
The Locker is the Coaching Association of Canada’s online database. Access to The Locker will provide all coaches with the opportunity to track their progress and guide their development.
- Coaches can create a log-in and access their Profile and Transcript online -where they can can view/update personal information, coaching records and access printable transcripts.
- Certification Maintenance & Professional Development points will be tracked on the Coach's Transcript in "The Locker" and will update the Hockey Canada Registry (HCR) Profile when "Certified" status is renewed.
- For direction on how to access ‘The Locker’, review the How to Log into ‘The Locker’ - CAC Information document (link below)
TRANSFER OF QUALIFICATIONS
For individuals holding valid qualifications from other OHF Member Partners or Hockey Canada Branches, we require you to download, complete and submit the Application for Conversion/Upgrade to the OMHA Office.
Application for Conversion/Upgrade