Georgian Shores Rules and Regulations
The Fall Classic Rep 2022 tournament will be held on November 11-13th, 2022 at the Meaford and St. Vincent Community Centre and the Beaver Valley Community Centre.
This is an OMHA sanctioned tournament and will be operated according to OMHA tournament regulations. There will be body contact in the U15 division ONLY.
To enter please register online at georgianshoreshockey.ca. Payment can be provided by e-transfer at [email protected] or with a cheque made payable to Georgian Shores Minor Hockey for noted fee. As well, please forward a copy of your teams Approved Roster Sheet and Approved Affiliated Players List to the Tournament Contact:
Georgian Shores Minor Hockey (GSMHA)
- We accept teams on a first come, first served basis from applications received for eligible teams.
- An application is considered to be received upon receipt of completed application AND TOURNAMENT FEES
- OMHA Approved Rosters and Travel Permits may follow - please send by email to [email protected]
- In the case of multiple applications which exceed the number of available spaces remaining, post marks are used to determine which teams will fill the remaining spots.
All tournament registrations will close 4 weeks prior to the event.
PLEASE RESPECT THE RULES, ARENA STAFF AND PARENT VOLUNTEERS.
All OMHA rules are in effect with the addition of the following:
1. All teams must register one hour before their first scheduled game. At this time, each team must produce original Approved Roster Sheet and Approved Affiliated Players List/Team officials. At this time your team will receive their welcome package.
2. The Home Team for each game will be required to change uniforms should conflicts arise. Please bring both sets of your jerseys. The Tournament Organizers will resolve conflicts.
3. Teams should be prepared to start a maximum of 15 minutes prior to posted game times.
4. Any damage to dressing rooms or the facility will be the responsibility of team officials.
5. All round robin games will be 10 – 10 – 15 Stop Time. Semi-Final and Championship final games will be 10-10-15 Stop Time with OT if needed
6. Point System in the round robin pool are as follows
-2 points for a win
-1 point for Tie
-0 for a loss
1)-Goals for/Against Average
Average = Goals for divided by Total goals for & against (ex. 14 goals for 10 against would be 14 ÷ 24 = .583 GFA average
2) Penalty Minutes- The team with the least amount of penalty minutes
3) Coin Toss
7. Straight Time – When any team is ahead by five (5) or more goals in the third period. The game will proceed to ‘straight time’ unless the gap is reduced to three (3) goals, at which point the clock will revert back to stop time. The only time the clock would be stopped during is if an on-ice injury should occur. All penalties are running time.
8. Any player receiving a gross misconduct or a match penalty will be banned from further tournament play. Any player given a fighting major will also be banned from further tournament play.
10. No players will enter onto the ice surface before Ice cleaner has left the ice.
11. Team officials are responsible for picking up game sheets at the registration table after each game.
In the event of a tie during the, semi-finals, and championship final games, there will be a 3 on 3 five, (5)-minute stop time sudden victory overtime period. If a penalty is called in overtime the player will serve the penalty and the opposing team will add a player to the ice. At the expiration time of the penalty the play will become 4 on 4 until stoppage of play. Then resume 3 on 3. If a player is serving a penalty at the end of overtime, that player is not eligible to participate in the shootout.
a) If the teams remain tied, the game will be decided by a shootout. There will be a sudden victory shoot out consisting of 3 players as chosen from each team. The team with the most goals wins the game. If teams are tied after 3 shooters, the shootout will continue using 1 shooter until one team scores and the other team misses. No player can shoot twice for his/her team unless numbers prevent otherwise. Visiting team shoots first. If a player is serving a penalty at the end of overtime, that player is not eligible to participate in the shootout.
b) Goalies may be removed for an extra skater at the coach’s discretion during overtime.
c) Normal penalties will apply in overtime and time remaining on a penalty at the end of regulation time will be carried over in overtime. All OMHA rules apply.
12. Time-Outs- There will be one 30 second time-out allowed for Semi-final and Championship games ONLY.
13. ZERO TOLERANCE - abusive behavior on or off the ice (physical or verbal) conducted by any player, team official, game official or fan, directed at any other player, team official, game official or fan, or tournament organizer will not be accepted. Such activities will result in expulsion from the tournament and arena.
14. Awards will be presented on the ice for the championship games.
15. All Decisions of the Tournament Organizers are FINAL.